Welcome to the BreakThrough Test PrepTM System
All our services below incorporate not only the breakthrough strategies but how to breakthrough subliminal barriers to successful test-taking. Ultimately, students get the skills they need for the scores they want.
Learn more about our services.
One-on-One Test Prep
The BreakThrough Test Prep SystemTM – 9 strategies to ensure success
- Teach students how to improve their reading speed and comprehension, hence developing a reading range between 300 -1200 wpm. (These skills also translate into improved critical reading relevant their school work!)
- Reveal to students a way to learn and remember vocabulary by learning the 57 most common prefixes and 167 most common roots. The end result is having a ‘sense’ of over 500,000 words!
- Show students accupressure techniques to help reduce test-taking anxiety.
- Provide students with a step by step approach to the critical reading beginning with learning how to read for the thesis and using the Post-it Note Technique.
- Prove to students that the SAT math is more a logic test with numbers rather than a math test and consequently optimize their approach and mindset.
- Share a skipping strategy for the SAT based on individualized score goals.
- Learn the fewer than 20 most frequent grammar errors tested.
- Brainstorm examples for the essay BEFORE the exam!
- Learn the true essence of the ACT science by learning how to cut through the jargon and create a customized strategy based on efficient pacing.
LITERATUREThe 60 question Literature Test is recommended for students that have taken AP Language and/or Literature. The exam consists of 6-8 rather obscure prose and poetry excerpts taken from American and British literary works from the Renaissance to the present. Most of the literary terminology that may be alluded to in the questions are concepts typically covered in junior English classes, i.e., theme and meaning, argument, connotation, genre, figurative language, narrative voice. Most students will require only 4 sessions of review depending upon level. In the sessions we will work not only on the most effective approach to the practice selections, but students will also learn how to allocate time per passage and also become aware of how many questions they need to get correct and/or to skip to achieve their desired goal.
MATH Level 1 & Level 2The 50 question SAT Math Level 1 Exam assesses mathematical knowledge gained from the two years of algebra and one year of geometry that comprise the first three years of high school math. The math areas tested range from numbers and operations to statistics and probability; however, the bulk of the exam is geometry. This test is well suited to students who excel at mathematics, but who have not yet been exposed to precalculus. The 50 questions MATH Level 2 differs from the 1c Exam in that it is generally more difficult, covering more advanced topics, including advanced trigonometry and precalculus. Again, 4-6 hours is what we would normally recommend as the purpose of the coaching is not to teach math, but to offer some time saving strategies and pacing techniques. Students will also learn how many questions they can miss and skip to achieve their goal. Schedule your Complimentary BreakThrough Test Prep Strategy Session here to get the appropriate recommendations for your student.
Pricing,Policies & Payment
Please e-mail Harriet for pricing information.